Kailash Choudhary is currently working as an Assistant Professor in the Operations Management and Quantitative Techniques area at IIM Shillong. He has obtained his Ph.D from Department of Mechanical Engineering, Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani. He has received master’s in engineering from MBM Engineering College, Jodhpur, in Production & Industrial Engineering and his bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from Government Engineering College, Ajmer. His teaching interests include Operations management, Operation research, and Supply chain management. His research interests are in the domain of Green supply chain management, Life cycle assessment, Green manufacturing, and Lean manufacturing.
Academic and research experience: 2 years
Industry experience: 2 years
Peer reviewed Journals
- Rishabh Bajpai, Kailash Choudhary, Anshuman Srivastava, Kuldip Singh Sangwan, Manpreet Singh, 2020. “Environmental impact assessment of fly ash and silica fume based geopolymer concrete”, Journal of Cleaner Production, Vol. 254, pp 120-147 ISSN: 0959–6526.
- Kailash Choudhary, Kuldip Singh Sangwan, 2019. “Adoption of green practices throughout the supply chain: an empirical investigation”, Benchmarking: An International Journal, Vol. 26 (6), pp 1650–1675, ISSN: 1758–4094.
- Kuldip Singh Sangwan, Kailash Choudhary, 2019. “Benchmarking environmental performance of electric insulator supply chain in India using life cycle assessment”, International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment. Vol. 24(3), pp 518–529, ISSN: 0948–3349.
- Kailash Choudhary, Kuldip Singh Sangwan, 2019. “Multiple case study analysis and development of an interpretive structural model for greening of supply chains in Indian ceramic enterprises”, Management of environmental quality: An International Journal, Vol. 30 (6), pp 1279–1296, ISSN: 1477–7835.
- Kailash Choudhary, Saad Ali, Yashodhara Singh, Kuldip Singh Sangwan, 2019. “Evaluation and comparison of environmental performance for shackle insulators – a case study”, Management of environmental quality: An International Journal, Vol. 30(2), pp 400–413, ISSN: 1477–7835.
- Kailash Choudhary, Kuldip Singh Sangwan, 2018. “Benchmarking Indian ceramic enterprises based on green supply chain management pressures, practices and performance”, Benchmarking: An International Journal, Vol. 25(9), pp 3628–3653, ISSN: 1758–4094.
- Kuldip Singh Sangwan, Kailash Choudhary, Chirag Batra, 2018. “Environmental impact assessment of a ceramic tile supply chain – a case study”, International Journal of Sustainable Engineering, Vol. 11 (3), pp 211–216, ISSN: 1939–7038.
- Kuldip Singh Sangwan, Kailash Choudhary, 2018. “Benchmarking manufacturing industries based on green practices”, Benchmarking: An International Journal, Vol. 25 (6), pp 1746 – 1761, ISSN: 1758–4094.
- Manpreet Singh, Kailash Choudhary, Anshuman Srivastava, Kuldip Singh Sangwan, Dipendu Bhunia, 2017. “A study on environmental and economic impacts of using waste marble powder in concrete”, Journal of Building Engineering, Vol. 13, pp 87–95, ISSN: 2352–7102.
- Kuldip Singh Sangwan, Kailash Choudhary, Shilpi Agarwal, 2019. “Sustainability assessment of sanitary ware supply chain using life cycle assessment framework – a case study” Springer nature book series “Enhancing Future Skills and Entrepreneurship”, Editors - Kuldip Singh Sangwan, Christoph Herrmann.
- Kailash Choudhary, K S Sangwan, Divyanshu Goyal, 2019. “Environment and economic impacts assessment of PET waste recycling with conventional and renewable sources of energy” 26th CIRP Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) Conference, May 07 – 09, 2019, Purdue University, USA, ISSN: 2212–8271.
- Narpat Ram Sangwa, Kailash Choudhary, Kuldip Singh Sangwan, 2015. “Performance Evaluation Framework for Lean Manufacturing-A Review” National Conference on Sustainable Manufacturing (NCSM-2015) 2, 3rd, MNIT Jaipur, India.
UNDP project entitled “Future Lifestyles” started in Jan 2020, ongoing.
Delivered a lab session on LCA using Umberto NXT Software in STTP on “Sustainable Manufacturing for Atma-Nirbhar Bharat” at MNIT, Jaipur.
DAAD, Germany fellowship to work on project entitled “3 – Cycles” in 2015.
UGC-JRF fellowship to work on project entitled “Development of drivers, barriers, and key performance indicators for implementation of green manufacturing in Indian micro small and medium ceramic enterprises” from 2014 to 2016.