Prasanta Kr.Chopdar is an Assistant Professor in Marketing at Indian Institute of Management Shillong. His teaching interests are in the subject area of Marketing Management, Business Research Methods, Sustainable Marketing and Retail Marketing. He has received his PhD from the Department of Management Studies, National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli for his thesis on Mobile Shopping Apps Adoption. His research interests include, but are not limited to New Technology Adoption, M-commerce/M-shopping, Smart City Services, Sustainable Marketing and Consumption. Priorly, he was working in Thiagarajar School of Management Madurai.
Academic and research experience: 15 years
Industry experience: 4 years
- Chopdar Prasanta Kr, (2021)."Mobile Shoppers’ Response to Covid-19 Phobia, Pessimism and Smartphone Addiction: Does Social Influence Matter?" is accepted in Technological Forecasting and Social Change Journal (ABDC-A, ABS-3)!!
- Miltiadis Lytras, Anna Visvizi, Prasanta Chopdar, Akila Sarirete and Wadee Alhalabi, (2020). “Information Management in Smart Cities context: turning end-users’ views into managerial and policy-making recommendations,” International Journal of Information Management. (Indexed in SSCI, ABDC ‘A*’ Listed).
- Chopdar Prasanta Kr and Balakrishnan Janarthanan, (2020). “Consumers response towards mobile commerce applications: S-O-R approach,” International Journal of Information Management, 53, 102106 (Indexed in SSCI, ABDC ‘A*’ Listed).
- Chopdar Prasanta Kr and V.J. Sivakumar, (2019), “Impulsiveness and its impact on behavioural intention and use of mobile shopping apps: a mediation model,” International Journal of Business Innovation and Research, 19(1), pp. 29-56 (Indexed in Scopus).
- Chopdar Prasanta Kr and V.J. Sivakumar, (2018) “Understanding continuance usage of mobile shopping applications in India: The role of espoused cultural values and perceived risk,” Behaviour & Information Technology, 38(1), pp. 42-64 (Indexed in SCI, SSCI, ABDC ‘A’ Listed).
- Chopdar Prasanta Kr, Nikolaos Korfiatis, V.J. Sivakumar and Miltiades D. Lytras, (2018), “Mobile shopping apps adoption and perceived risks: A cross-country perspective utilizing the Unified Theory of Acceptance and Use of Technology,” Computers in Human Behavior, 86, 109-128. (Indexed in SSCI, ABDC ‘A’ Listed).
- Chopdar Prasanta Kr and V.J. Sivakumar, (2018), “Understanding psychological contract violation and its consequences on mobile shopping applications use in a developing country context,” Journal of Indian Business Research, Vol. 10 Issue: 2, pp.208-231, https://doi.org/10.1108/JIBR-07-2017-0109. (Indexed in Scopus, ABDC ‘C’ Listed).
- Chopdar Prasanta, (2013), “Perceptual mapping of different toothpaste brands: An empirical study in Bhubaneswar market,” South Asian Journal of Marketing & Management Research, Vol. 3 Issue: 4, pp. 71-84.
Conference and Seminar Presentations
- “Manifestations of psychological contract violation influencing word of mouth intention of mobile shopping apps: Retailer reputation as moderator,” 11th NASMEI International Marketing Conference, Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai, 2017.
- “An empirical study on service Quality of Airtel Money in Bhubaneswar,” International Seminar on Sustaining Competitive Advantage In Service Sector (SUCAS), SOA university, Bhubaneswar, 2015.
- “Green Marketing : An Innovative Step Towards Sustainable Development,” 1st International conference on advances in business, management and engineering technology and social sciences, Choice College of Arts and Commerce, Pune, 2013.
Delivered hands on sessions on workshop on PLS-SEM with SmartPLS in TSM Madurai, 31st July and 1st Aug 2020.
Conducted a two-day workshop on Partial least square- Structural equation modelling (PLS-SEM) and SmartPLS in DoMs, NIT Trichy, 7th and 8th September 2019.
Team Member, Developing Micro enterprises and Capacity Building of Slum Dwellers in Bhubaneswar in association with Centurion University and Dept of Housing and Urban Development, Govt of Odisha, 2014-2015.