Dr. Ridhi Arora is a faculty in the area of Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management (OB & HRM) at the Indian Institute of Management Shillong. She earned her doctorate degree (Ph.D.) in Management (OB/HRM) from the Department of Management Studies at the Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India.
With more than 5 years’ teaching and research experience across various reputed academic institutions including IIM Amritsar, Bennett University and LM Thapar School of Management (Thapar University), she teaches courses on Human Resource Management, Organizational Behavior, Performance Management, and Negotiation at PGP/ MBA level.
Her research interests include personality dynamics, mentoring & career relationships, organizational design & restructuring, and entrepreneurship. She has publications in many leading international research journals listed in Scopus, SSCI, ABDC and ABS etc. to her credit along with several edited and co-authored chapters in management books.
As a corporate trainer and resource person, she also organizes and conducts Workshop Sessions/ FDPs/ MDPs for both academic and industry professionals on Change Management, Leadership, Organizational Development, and Entrepreneurship.
- Assistant Professor (OB & HRM),School of Management, Bennett University, Greater Noida, U.P. - Sept. 2019 to Nov. 2019
- Assistant Professor (OB & HRM),Indian Institute of Management Amritsar, Amritsar, Punjab - Aug. 2017 to Aug. 2019
- Assistant Professor (OB & HRM),LM Thapar School of Management, Thapar University, Dera Bassi Campus, Mohali, Punjab - Jul. 2015 to Aug. 2017
- Assistant Professor (OB & HRM),School of Business, Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar,
Punjab - Jul. 2011 to Dec. 2012
- Chaudhuri, S., Arora, R. and Roy, P. (2020), "Work–Life balance policies and organisational outcomes – a review of literature from the Indian context", Industrial and Commercial Training.
- Arora, R. (2020). Mediating role of mentoring functions on linking personality and occupational commitment in Indian organizations. Human Resource Development International, 1-26.
- Arora, R. & Rangnekar, S. (2017). Mentoring in the Indian Organizations- A revisit to Noe's (1988) Mentoring Functions Scale'. The International Journal of Evidence Based Coaching and Mentoring, 15(2).
- Arora, R. & Rangnekar, S. (2016). The interactive effects of conscientiousness and agreeableness on career commitment. Journal of Employment Counseling. 53(1), 14-29.
- Arora, R. & Rangnekar, S. (2016). Linking the Big Five personality factors and career commitment dimensions: A study of the Indian organizations. Journal of Management Development, 35(9), 1134-1148.
- Arora, R. & Rangnekar, S. (2016). Dispositional traits influence on mentoring relationships: A revisit to the Big Five personality model in the Indian context. South Asian Journal of Global Business Research, 5(3), 306-322.
- Arora. R. & Rangnekar, S. (2016). Perceived mentoring relationships and career outcomes: Results from the Indian power sector. Global Business Review.
- Arora, R. & Rangnekar, S. (2016). Moderating mentoring relationships and career resilience relationship- Role of conscientiousness personality disposition. Journal of Workplace Behavioral Health. 31(1), 19-36.
- Arora, R. & Rangnekar, S. (2016). Towards understanding the two-way interaction effects of extraversion and openness to experience on career commitment. International Journal for Educational and Vocational Guidance. 16(2), 213-232.
- Arora, R. & Rangnekar, S. The joint effects of personality and supervisory career mentoring on occupational commitment. Career Development International. 20(1), 63-80.
- Arora. R. & Rangnekar, S. Relationships between emotional stability, psychosocial mentoring support and career resilience. Europe's Journal of Psychology, 11(1), 16-33.
- Arora. R. & Rangnekar, S. Workplace mentoring and career resilience-An empirical test. The Psychologist-Manager Journal, 17(3), 205-220.
- Chaudhuri, S., Muduli, A., & Arora, R (2018). Family Roles Posing Challenges for Women Leaders in India. In R. Ghosh & G. McLean (Eds.), Current perspectives on Indian Women in Leadership. Palgrave Macmillan, Cham.
- Arora, R. (2018). Mapping Career Commitment of Graduate Students: Role of Demographics. A Multidisciplinary Approach to Management, Health, Psychology and Law (Ed. by Banerjee, Adhikari & Rishipal). Excel publications.
- Yadav, S., Adhikari, B., & Arora, R. (2016). Measuring Work-Family Balance in Indian Organizations: Scale Development and Validation. Changing Dynamics in Global Markets, Bloomsbury publications.
- Arora, R. (2015). Perspectives of Entrepreneurship and its Impact on Stakeholders' Co- Creation. In Kaufmann, H. & Shams, (Eds.), Entrepreneurial Challenges in the 21st Century Creating Stakeholder Value Co-Creation. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Invited Resource Person for Faculty Development Programs organized by the Entrepreneurship Development & Industrial Coordination Department, National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research (NITTTR) at Chandigarh.
- Session on ‘Entrepreneurial Motivation’ (2019) at Govt. Institute of Garment Technology, Amritsar.
- Session on ‘Personal SWOT Analysis and Emotional Intelligence’ (2019) at Govt. Institute of Garment Technology, Amritsar.
- Recipient of MHRD Fellowship for ‘Research and Teaching Assistantship’ (Jan. 2013-Jun. 2015), Department of Management Studies, IIT Roorkee, India.
- Qualified ‘National Eligibility Test for Lectureship’ (UGC-NET) June 2012.
- University Academic Honor for First position in ‘Masters of Philosophy-Management’ (2011), LPU, Jalandhar.
- Gold-Medal for ‘Outstanding Science Student of the Year’ at college level (2007), HMV College, Jalandhar.