- A master’s degree post bachelor’s degree obtained in 10+2+3 pattern with at least 55% marks in the bachelor’s level and 60% in the master’s level; or
- A 5-year integrated master’s degree obtained after completing higher secondary schooling in 10+2 pattern, with at least 55% marks in the bachelor’s level (if explicitly provided) and 60% in the master’s level, or
- A master’s degree post 4 year/8 semesters bachelor’s degree in 10+2+4 pattern, with a CGPA of 6.5 or above or equivalent marks, or
- A professional qualification like CA, ICWA, CS, with at least 55% marks in B.Com degree
In case of grades / CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the respective University/ Institution.
If a University/institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA, and multiplying the result by 100.
The above qualification should be from any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956; or, recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- Qualified Common Admission Test (CAT) held by IIMs in last 2 years form the date of application, or
- Qualified GATE, GRE, GMAT, and JRF (UGC/CSIR) examination and have a valid score
Candidates who have already obtained a two-year PGDM from any of the IIMs with a CPGA equivalent to 60% or more are exempted from the above requirement and can apply directly through the prescribed Application Form.
The admission process for PhD 2023 will involve the following process:
- Filling in of the application form by the candidate. This includes a tentative research proposal, wherein the candidate will have to present the tentative research problem proposed to be researched upon.
- Shortlisting of candidates for the Personal Interview/Interaction based on the profile and tentative research proposal. The applicants will be informed about this process, once they were shortlisted for the process.
- Each applicant is expected to select three venues for this, in the order of their preference. The Institute will intimate the applicants about the final venue and schedule of this process.
- Personal Interview/Interaction with the candidate.
- Offer of admission extended to selected candidates.
If the candidate is applying for two different groups of areas, two separate applications must be submitted.
Applicants are advised to go through the Program Brochure for details, before filling in the application Form.
The Admission Process is being done in two rounds.
- Start of Application Process by candidates: 21stDecember, 2022
- Last date for filling of Application Form: 3rdFebruary, 2023, 11:55 PM
- Shortlisting of candidates for Personal Interview/Interaction: 5thFebruary, 2023
- Start of Personal Interview/Interaction Process across the centers: 9thFebruary, 2023 onwards
- End of Personal Interview/Interaction Process across the centers: about mid April, 2023
- Declaration of final offer and wait list: about end of April/ beginning of May, 2023
- Start of Application Process by candidates: 8th February, 2023
- Last date for filling of Application Form: 5th March, 2023, 11:55 PM
- Shortlisting of candidates for Personal Interview/Interaction: 8thMarch, 2023
- Start of Personal Interview/Interaction Process across the centers: 11thMarch, 2023 onwards
- End of Personal Interview/Interaction Process across the centers: about late April, 2023
Declaration of final offer and wait list: about end of April/ beginning of May, 2023
Round 2 application process is now open.To complete the application process, the filled in application form needs to be submitted along with a non-refundable application fee of Rs 3,000.
The current batch of doctoral scholars have started a WhatsApp group, to answer queries of candidates. One can put up queries by joining any of the following groups: